12/22/06

Better to Give

I love the tradition of exchanging presents with your neighbors at Christmas. In my mind this is where the phrase, "It's better to give than to receive" came from. Every year we get so many treats that's it's almost impossible not to gain 10 lbs. just in sweets from the neighbors. I would much rather give a treat than receive one any day. Still, since people have been nice enough to drop stuff off I have to taste each one, right - I mean it's only good manners.

So last night we went out to drop off our neighborhood Christmas gifts. Normally, I've never heard of anyone getting a request of what to give to the neighbors, but our Christmas CD was such a hit last year that people were clamoring for more. I didn't mind making another set of yule tide tunes, since I keep a copy for myself as well. Anyway, here's the list of songs from this year's CD:

All I Want for Christmas

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayle Peevey
SIlent Night - Sara McLaughlin
All I Want for Christmas - Nat King Cole
Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
Adeste Fideles - Frank Sinatra
Frosty the Snowman - Jimmy Durante
Santa Claus is Coming to Town - James Taylor
Still, Still, Still - Mannheim Steamroller
The Chipmunk Song - Alvin and The Chipmunks
I Wonder as I Wander - Jewel
Mela Kalikimaka - Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sisters
The Christmas Eve Song - Peter Breinholt
I've Got my Love to Keep Me Warm - Ella Fitzgerald
Ave Maria - Chris Cornell
Here Comes Santa Claus - Gene Autry
The Chaunakah Song - Adam Sandler
O Tannenbaum - Vince Guaraldi Trio
Oiche Chiun - Enya
Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
Auld Lang Syne - Barenaked Ladies


I think it's a pretty eclectic mix. I mean you've got Gene Autry (the Cowboy Crooner) and Chris Cornell (from Soundgarden) on the same playlist. I hope people enjoy the sounds of the season. Next year I think we're giving Fruitcake!!!

No comments: