10/24/06

Bad or Biased?


Today I was down at UVSC teaching a Google Tools class at a conference for Adult Educators. I showed them all the basics: Google Earth, Google Calendar, Picasa, Blogger, etc. Everything seemed great. The facilitator for the session gave me back some evaluation forms and they were all the same. Comments included, "Thanks for a great session" or "I never knew Google had so much to offer."

Then one evaluation stood out. "Mormon info on calendar inappropriate!" What?! The group had asked to see an actual calendar in Google so I showed them mine. I never even realized it mentioned that I have Bishopric Meeting tonight. I never even mentioned what was in my calendar, but just the fact that someone saw "Bishopric Meeting" was enough to offend. I guess that's a sbuliminal form of preaching or something. I don't know. So, what was it: bad teaching or a biased point of view?

2 comments:

Annie said...

Someone has a chip on his/her shoulder and had a bad day at the conference. Stop throwing your Mormonism in everyones face jared! :)

Bryan said...

Sheez. What a jerk. Utah really seems hypersensitive about this stuff for some reason.