10/18/06

Kindermusik


Yesterday, I had my first real opportunity to experience life as Mr. Mom. I took Kennedy to Kindermusik. For those of you who don't know what Kindermusik is, I'll explain. It's a class designed to help toddlers learn about the world though song, dance, and music. The kids sing songs and dance while working on little chores like Going to the Market, Making Pancakes, or Scrubbing the House. Of course Mommy, or in this case Daddy, get to sing and dance right along side.

Kennedy absoutely loves the class, so I decided that I had to go and see for myself what it was all about. I don't know why I didn't really think about my gender. I was just a loving parent who wants to be involved in his daughter's life. Still, I was the only man in the room and I felt awkward to say the least, amongst all the suburbian housewives. Can you imagine a huge lumberjack looking guy dancing around the room singing "Sweep, Sweep, Sweep." Me neither. It's a good thing Kennedy acted like she knew me or I might have been arrested as a stalker! After our class, daddy/daughter time was over and I went to work. I'm glad I experienced Kindermusik once, but I don't think it will become a routine. Sorry, I'm just not a dancer!

No comments: