10/11/06

Diary of a Red Sox Fan/Yankee Hater

Well, it's time to close the year in the life of a Sox Fan. It was too bad that I was a bit prophetic when I declared that Boston was done at the beginning of August. You could tell that they just didn't have it this year. Oh well, it's been a while since I haven't been able to watch Papi and the boys in October.

The best thing about the year in baseball is that the Yankees are out as well. Sure, they made the playoffs, but only 4 games into their championship run the Yankees are watching the ALCS like the rest of us. I guess I'm a typical Red Sox fan, because I had just as much satisfaction in watching the Yankees lose as I sometimes do watching Boston win. Still, once we we're done for the year the only goal for a true Sox fan is to make sure we sent all our bad karma towards the Yankees. For the past 6 years we've done a good job, and I believe the ARod curse will keep the Yanks down for the next few years as well. Let's start the chant... 2000, 2000.

No comments: