10/5/06

U-T-A-H


With Chappo in town, we wanted to get back to the good ol' days and what better way could there be than a Utah football game! Even though I had to miss the last two hours of my parenting class (court mandated for the Foster Parenting with Alex), it was totally worth it! The Utes were coming off an embarrassing loss to Boise on Saturday (36-3) and it was definitely a gut check for the squad. Utah's defense looked awesome and won 20-7 to the delight of my Massachusetts friend. It was the first game we'd been to together since the Dream Season of 2004 and it kept our in-person winning streak alive for another season.

While we were at the game the University unveiled the renovated Block U on the hill. For the past several months they've been gathering money and now, it's finally done. I have to say it looked really cool. They're using LED lights, so when Utah is victorious the U lights up red. Awesome! I'm just glad it was crimson tonight!

No comments: