I guess you could say that today was a Daddy’s Day Off. I went to the conference in the morning (the highlight for today was Nicolas Negroponte and the
$100 laptop) and then had the rest of the day to myself. Tara and Kennedy headed off to the Wild Animal Park for the day, so I was alone to see and taste San Diego.

I started out going to lunch in Little Italy with Annie and Ross. I was fortunate to hook up with a couple of food connoisseurs who knew all the best places to eat. We went to an Italian market/restaurant named Filippi’s where I had some of the best lasagna ever. I am going to make a point of going online to find great Italian restaurants whenever I go out of town. After Filippi’s we stopped at the gelato shop next door for some Italian ice cream. That stuff is incredible!!!
Since I had the afternoon to myself, I hooked up with Ross from work and went geocaching. It was a lot of fun and we saw some interesting parts of San Diego! We started at the jail and worked our way around the city. I don’t really like urban caching very much, but when you’re in a big city you don’t have much of a choice.

My evening ended with dinner in a brewery with all the people from work who attended the conference. I can’t believe how much I’m eating on this trip. I am never going to get back on the diet at the rate I’m going. I guess I’m on vacation. Around 9 pm I met up with Tara and Kennedy. After a long day and the Park and the beach we went back to Little Italy for a late scoop of gelato and then headed back to the hotel for the night.
1 comment:
great picture of Little Italy, Jared. It looks like a postcard.
Post a Comment