7/25/06

Happy 24th


We had a dawn to dusk day for the 24th this year. It started out at the Pioneer Day parade in Mapleton. Surprisingly enough, it was a pretty long parade. There were fire engines, police cars, members of the Stake Presidency, and Smokey the Bear. All in all a pretty eclectic group.

After the parade, Tara played in an all-day softball tournament at the park. It was a co-ed tourney, but gues who wasn't invited to play? I guess I should have known that my place was with Kennedy while Tara was the star catcher on the team. I can't believe how long they could play out there with the temp being around 100 degrees from the time the games started.

We finished off the evening at the neighborhood party / fireworks display at the Clelands'. Kennedy wasn't too sure what to make of the fireworks, but the headgear was a favorite (at least for a little while).

No comments: