
Over the past couple of weeks I've experienced the total joys of home ownership. Here's a list of the items around the house that have had problems since the start of July:
- My lawnmower engine sounds like a bomb that's ready to explode.
- Our car's radiator has been leaking fluid as fast as I've been sweating this summer.
- My Ipod turned sad on me and began showing a frowny face (see the picture above).
- My computer won't turn on any more. It acts like it's going to work and then immediately shuts down. That's always a good sign!
- Tara did the dishes the other night and found that our garbage disposal is blocked and won't drain. Talk about a fun smell.
- We were having a BBQ a couple of weeks ago and all of a sudden my grill was on fire! Somehow there was a leak in the hose from the tank to the grill. It's never a good sign when you see flames coming from your control panel on the grill. I went to shut off the gas and the knobs melted. I shut off the propane from the tank, but I am in shock we didn't have a big boom! It would have ended the covili family blog as we know it.
I don't know why everything has to happen all at once, but it seems to be the way it is. We'll have to wait and see what August will bring, suffice to say, July's cost me a pretty penny.
No comments:
Post a Comment