7/7/06

Wrapping Up in San Diego


Today was the last day of the Conference, so I decided to go catch a few sessions. I am always impressed with how in touch UEN is with the hot topics in educational technology. In most of the sessions I’ve been to over the years I haven’t really seen anything that we aren’t working on in Utah. I guess that’s a compliment to the things we’re doing at UEN. Still, NECC is a good look at what’s going on and a chance to try and learn a few new things.

Since I didn’t spend any time with Tara and Kennedy yesterday, today was a family day. We walked around San Diego and then took the ferry over to Coronado Island. It was a good ride and it was fun to see Kennedy’s reaction to being on a boat. The entire trip all she has talked about are trains. We couldn’t go anywhere without Kennedy wanting to know when the next train was coming by. Even though the boat wasn’t very impressive to Kennedy, it was nice to get out on the ocean. We spent an hour walking around the beach and then headed back into San Diego for our last dinner in the Gaslight District.


No comments: