7/1/06

Hot Summer Days


Jared just posted his random thoughts on a Friday, so I thought I would post random thoughts about our summer so far. From Father's Day, to playing croquet in our backyard, swimming and play days with friends, we are staying busy. So goes the life of a stay at home mom and her kid. Of course, summer has been revolving around Kennedy, so we have been doing lots of playing. Just this week we have played with Kazzy and Coleman at Candace's house, been swimming at the Murray Pool with Coleton, Chloe and Liam and been to two different playgrounds. It's amazing how Kennedy thinks that the entire playground is hers and will walk around telling all the other kids "mine" as she plays. I'm hoping that we aren't raising the playground bully. We are really working on that sharing thing.


We had a fun Father's Day, even though Jared had to give up a few innings of his Red Sox game to go see my Dad at the cabin. It was worth it. Sometimes I wonder how much longer our parents will be around. I always want to spend as much time with them as possible. Jared was excited to celebrate his 2nd Father's Day. He really is a great dad. It's fun to watch him and Kennedy interact. Kennedy loves it when Daddy comes home from work. They have so much fun together.

We introduced Coleton to croquet and he seems to always want to play when he comes over, now. The last time we played we ended up playing some kind of jungle croquet through the rock garden and plants in our backyard. It was fun, although some of the plants didn't make it through the game.

As for swimming, Kennedy is a fish. She loves the water. We go about once a week and she loves every second of it. She loves playing with her cousins in the water. She especially likes "ring around the rosie" and going down the big slide. I'm sure we will be spending lots of time at the pool this summer.

No comments: