6/9/06

Just Call Me Jared

Over the past couple of weeks we've had a big debate at work over a very sensitive topic - email addresses. For 3 years my email has been jcovili@media.utah.edu, a very serviceable address indeed. However, most people cannot spell my last name. I've seen variations such as Coveli, Covelli, Covilli, Covolli, Colaveli, and so on. Not many have mastered the subtle nuance of Covili, so I wanted to change my address to use my first name. Hence the debate - is it professional to use your first name in a business email address? Contact me at jared@uen.org and I'll tell you how I feel about the subject.

3 comments:

jfasioe said...

since you are no longer Mr. Covili it doesn't really matter if you go to Jared.

Bryan said...

Jared Cohveallee. Got it.

Anonymous said...

um....my name is used in my business e-mail address. so...i hope so.