6/22/06

Rainman


Last night we had a fireside at our Ward where we met the real Rainman, Kim Peek. It was so interesting! Kim remembers 98.7% of everything he reads, sees, or hears so you can pretty much ask him anything and he'll tell you about it. Some of the questions from last night were: What is the Zip Code from Cardston, Ontario? What TV stations do you get in South Carolina? What day of the week was I born on? What was the final score of game 6 of the 1975 World Series (I asked that one since it was 7-6 for the Red Sox? It was amazing to hear Kim rattle off the answers withough even blinking. He not only told me the score of Game 6, but gave me minute details about the players, and setting. Incredible!! It truly shows you what the brain is capable of. I just wish I could remember simple things like where I left my keys!

No comments: