Saturday was a day to remember. It started off with a phone call to Chappo. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary, we discussed kids, sports, camping, church, and origami (just seeing if you're paying attention). It was good to talk to him, but it's not an unusual occurrence to talk to Chappo. A couple of hours later the phone rang with the caller ID saying Terry W. Warnick - that is unusual since I haven't had a call from that number since we started buying frozen pizza. Sorry, it's an inside joke. Bryan and his family were in town and it was a chance to get together. After talking with Bryan I went back outside to finish mowing the lawn when the phone rang again. This time Gabe was on the other end, wanting to catch up on the last couple of months. At this point I decided that it was useless trying to get anything done and called Jeff to see if he was a new papa of a bouncing baby boy. Of course, his son was born the previous week, but Jeff neglected to call anyone to let them know. If it doesn't involve the Utes or the Jazz don't call Jeff cause he won't have anything to say. I would've called Dave Brockbank, but since he moved to Missouri I don't have his phone number!

It was fun to get together with Bryan on Sunday. I haven't seen him since the 2005 Fiesta Bowl and a lot has happened since then. Between jobs, family, and church it seems like everything has changed over the past few years. We felt bad that we weren't able to see the rest of Bryan's family, it was a bit late for little ones that had an airplane ride the next day, but it was fun to get together and catch up on the latest dish. Plus, it was the first time I could personally rib him about his fashion choices. I don't know about the bow tie.
I'm curious if I can get some good cross-over blog buzz on this post. Kind of like when a character from one sitcom show up on another show for publicity. We'll have to wait and see if anyone else (hint, hint) mentions this visit.
PS - I have to include this
link so you all can see what a professional Bryan has become. I'm so proud I knew him back when he still wore sweat pants and brown loafers.
3 comments:
Of course we all know that Bryan has never had any fashion sense. This just proves that he is still lacking any fashion sense. The bigger question is, why was it a last minute visit? Last the best of all the gang, or did his conscious finally get him to come and visit after delaying the entire time?
To add to an ongoing friendly discussion... as a completely objective observer who didn't know Bryan in high school other than that he was Jared's friend, I have to say that I DO remember the green sweatshirt with the white stripe, the grey sweatpants and brown loafters in the halls of Cottonwood High!
Just thought i'd drop in on the reunion and give a shout out to the ol' gang, and kudos on the tie, Bryan!! Did you inherit it from Tucker Carlson???
Post a Comment