6/4/06

A Restful Sabbath

Today's session of church began like almost every other for the past year and a half. We struggle to get to church on time and Kennedy is anxious to run around in Priesthood or Relief Society. I think we've been the cause of numerous interrupted lessons over the past year or so. Oh sure, everyone around us says that they love to hear Kennedy run and talk during the classes. However, the secret voodoo stares they shoot back at us when no one appears to be looking say otherwise.

Well today changed all of that. Kennedy went to Nursery for the first time today. We've been counting the Sundays until she was 18 months old for weeks, but today everyone involved finally agreed that this was her moment. It was as if Tara and I didn't even exist! She quickly got involved in their activities (perhaps because they were going for a walk outside) and that was it. She was happy for the next two hours, we were happy for the next two hours, and the voodoo stares ceased. I forgot how much you can learn if you can actually listen to the instructors! It was amazing. Tara and I looked at each other after Sunday School was over and reveled in quiet disbelief. Who cares that Kennedy went crazy during Sacrament Meeting and spent the entire meeting in the foyer. For 2 of the 3 meetings today, we actually attended Church. Thank you Nursery - see you next week!

No comments: