"Who is the real Barack Obama?" The question keeps getting asked at each McCain or Palin rally. The answers come flooding in: He's a Muslim, An Arab, he pals around with terrorists. Each day the comments are getting more and more upsetting. People say they're scared, they can't trust him, they don't know him.
Sure, you may not agree with Senator Obama's politics. He has a few things I don't like too, but there's nothing to be scared about if he becomes President. He is a normal person. He's a committed father and husband. He likes sports and exercise and tries to watch what he eats. He believes in God and attends Church regularly. He believes in our Country and wants us to succeed as a Nation. In short, he is more similar to us than he is different from us.
I came across the great clip from the DNC Convention last month. Does this look like the kind of person you need to fear?
6 comments:
Scott found this story about Obama the other day. http://poemsandnovels.blogspot.com/2008/10/barack-obama-story-or-another-reason-to.html
Some people might say he keeps poor friends-- I think that if you were to judge a person it should be on their actions, not what people around them do. You can only control what you do, not what others do!
-Melissa
Great video Jared. GObama!
Did you know Obama has bought air time for 30 minutes on the major networks a few nights before the election? I think it would be great if they showed some unscripted moments like this.
The real Barack Obama is this generations Robin Hood. Let's take from the rich and give to the poor, that is the American Way!
Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" the plumber asked, complaining that he was being taxed "more and more for fulfilling the American dream."
"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too," Obama responded. "My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
9 out of 10 millionaires in this country are first gneration rich. They have made the most of their opportunities in this country. Shame on the politics of envy and the idea that you can can money from one group of people and hand it to another. It runs contrary to the principles of this country. If other people want some wealth go to school, work hard, read a book, turn off the tv. If you are not willing to do those things (which all can be free / low cost) you can go screw. If you think that I should support other (able) people while they watch dancing with the stars, play guitar hero, and buy homes / cars that they cannot afford, I repeat, you can go screw.
I defy all of you to justify his remarks.
Change! Spare change is all I am going to be left with.
You may be left with a whole lot less the way things are crumbling now.
It has been years since Enron, yet what was learned? Big business runs amok and is allowed to make every sort of financial no no and then gets a bail out. And then you and I get to pay their bills.
Don't cry about your businesses being taxed more, they are part of the problem. Oh yeah as well as the super rich speculating on their hedge funds.
I know people down on their luck and none of them are playing guitar hero. They are doing all they can to improve their situation. I am glad my fast offerings can help those in my neighborhood that are struggling because of the corporate greed that has led to the loss of their jobs.
Hey don't worry I am sure you are a good American, like Hannity. The white rich businessmen have never done anything wrong to anyone and are the backbone of this country, right? Some backbone. Greed, falsifying reports, speculation, greed, but that's okay cause its the American Way. Get as much as you can and screw your fellow man, oh and start a war with every country so you can shoot off your precious guns.
Some American dream. We are the first generation of Americans to be worse off than our parents.
97% of the 5 year periods in the stock markets history have been up...no reason to buy into CNN hype.
You are getting into the deep waters now...
First, Sarbannes-Oxley (SOX) was implemented as a knee-jerk reaction to the fraud perpetrated by Enron, Adelphia, & Worldcom. Part of SOX required 'mark to market' accounting which helped to destroy the market of sub-prime mortgages that have been securitized into bonds....law of unintended consequences. I do not support liars, thieves, or crooks, but politicians meddling to the tune of $700B is ridiculous.
Second, a criticism of Obama does not equal tacit support of McCain. It is not either / or. It is none of the above.
If you think that business is the problem (5% of business is the problem) then you have never worked in business, if you did, you would realize that the public sector is a joke. Just a money suck....if a business fails it disappears, if something in the public sector fails it gets more money.
As far as fast offerings go, it is ironic that you brought that up....last time I checked, fast offerings are not mandatory and the church does a much better job that government in managing these resources...the richest irony of all is that the candidates that you support do not give to charity (but I need to be taxed more). What is the figure? Biden has given $9k to charity over the past 10 years in total? What a hypocritical joke....
Greed is bad - I agree, but it exists on all sides. Greed from the bankers ripping people off, greed from the mortgage brokers & real estate agents, & greed from people who wanted a house that they could not afford.
Greed also exists among the electorate (why else are you voting for Obama? he is going to just cut you a check, right?).
The Scottish Historian Alexander Tytler said that "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until a majority of voters discover that they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury." We have reached that point (probably many years ago)...it is a sad state of affairs, but at the end of the day, if I am not better off than my parents it is because of me and either my laziness or my generations desire to spend, spend, spend.
If you are not better off than your parents or if you think that you 'deserve' more, go get it - stop waiting for someone to hand it to you - stop coveting what others have (because of the decisions that you have made).
This is America, you can have anything you want - just do not take it from me.
Good to have you back on the blog Ross.
Post a Comment