Last year I stood in a 90 minute line to vote, and that was only with an initiative on the ballot. I can only imagine what the lines will be like this year with the Presidential Election, the Gubernatorial Election, Congressional Election, and many other state races to determine the local leaders. Rather than fight the crowds, I went to the Union and cast my vote for change.But I don't want you to think that I am simply a straight party ticket voter. I actually voted for a fair mix of the parties, with some of my selections coming form the Republican side of the isle. All in all, I'm happy with my ballot. I know most of my candidates won't win locally, but I have a good feeling with the way this election is going to turn out.
It's been eight years since I was able to cast a vote for president that felt like it mattered. Even if it won't change the course of my Red state, it may just signal the change our country is looking for. Regardless of how you feel about the candidates or parties, I hope each of you will take the time to vote this year. If we stop our voices from being heard we'll lose a lot more than an election.
1 comment:
Stop holding out on us already. Who did you vote for? I mean you have tortured us all this time by making us GUESS who you were for. Now you have voted, and you still won't tell us? LOL!!
Post a Comment