Every summer a movie comes out that breaks all the records and gets all the hype. Half the time it's some crazy action adventure movie with a cast of overrated stars who really can't act and a plot that is too far fetched to be believed. This year it's The Dark Knight's turn to be the "it" movie.I will admit I really wanted to see the movie. I loved Batman Returns and think that this new rendition of the caped crusader has the character spot on. He isn't the savior of Gotham, just a guy who does what needs to be done to help people in trouble.
I found this film wildly entertaining. Even though it's 2 and 1/2 hours long you feel as though you can't catch your breath for most of the action. I thought the acting was good, a bit wordy with too much dialogue, but everyone did a good job. I even thought that Heath Ledger lived up to the hype as the Joker. He made Jack Nicholson look like a joke with his dark portrayal of the psychopathic killer.
In the end I kept asking myself the question: is anyone in this movie a good guy? There really isn't any sense of closure as every character has flaws and no one ever seems to win the day. The Dark Knight is just that - DARK. Like a horrific traffic accident, you're disgusted and yet, you can't look away. Perhaps that's the way Gotham really is, a place of unbelievable promise, with too many falling into the traps that potential brings.
"You either die the hero, or you live longer enough to see yourself become the villain."
1 comment:
WE LOVED BATMAN AS WELL... EVEN THOUGH WE ALL CRINGED SEVERAL TIMES. ROSS AND I WONDERED THROUGHOUT IF OUR KIDOS SHOULD REALLY BE WATCHING SUCH CHAOS. KREW WOULD RATHER DIE... THAN MISS A BATMAN MOVIE, AND CHAZ SEEMED TO FIND A LOT MORE "HUMOR" IN IT THAN THE REST OF US! CHAZ?... OUR NONCONFRONTATIONAL ONE!!! THAT'S FUNNY!
TELL ALEX "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" FROM ALL OF US. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BOY!!! TAKE SPECIAL CARE.
Post a Comment