For the past few weeks my work schedule has been really wierd. From flying to far away places to driving work vehicles across the state, I haven't ridden the bus for about a month. Earlier it all caught up with me.
I'm teaching every day for work this week, so I need to catch the early bus. Generally it arrives at my stop about 7:00 am. I got out early and made it to the stop at 6:53, plenty of time for the bus. Well, a few minutes passed, then a few more, and finally, at 7:05 I called UTA to find out what was going on.
"I'm at the corner of 5600 S. and 1300 E. waiting for the 213. Shouldn't it have come by at 7?"
"Sorry, but we just changed the schedule - you should have seen the notice on the bus for the past three weeks."
"So, what time did the bus come by?"
"6:51"
"And when does the next bus arrive?"
"7:21"
Great, so I missed the bus by 2 minutes and I would have to wait another 15 for the next one. Let's just say - another perfect example of the "Mondays".
No comments:
Post a Comment