Today was my favorite day in San Antonio to date. The weather was actually bearable as a storm passed through and cooled the area down to a mild 92° - can you believe it? Since I could go outside, it was time to see some of the sites around town. I guess the place to start has to be the Alamo, right?It was pretty cool to see where the Americans and Mexicans fought 140 years ago. I knew the same names as most of you: Crockett, Bowie, etc., but most of the history of the place was beyond me. We took a ten minute tour of the building and then it was time to take some pictures...
For the past two days I've been trying to convince Ross and Rob to avoid the national chain restaurants and try some of the local flair. So we went on an adventure, started by riding on the local trolleys, and ended at Mi Tierra - a local mexican restaurant (found courtesy of FoodNetwork.com). It was great! I tried a stuffed pepper with an enchilada, too much food - but a lot of fun.
We rode back into town and went back into tourist mode, ok so it was tourist mode with a geocaching twist. While we were searching for caches, we came across the Tower of the Americas - a giant Space Needle looking building from the 68' World's Fair. This thing was 750 feet tall and had an incredible glass elevator and observation deck. My favorite part of the tower was the wind. It was blowing like crazy and really cooled me down. 
Day 3 down and now the conference is winding up quickly, tomorrow's the last full day and then I'll be heading home. I don't really like being a tourist, but I'm glad we saw the sites today - good stuff.....
Check out the ride on the Tower of the Americas
No comments:
Post a Comment