Monday, Chappo was a bachelor while his family went down South so he and I headed over to Southwood courts and played some tennis. Now, neither of us was ever any good, but that doesn't stop us from wanting to compete. I will say that since everyone moved away I never play tennis anymore. With the arrival of children my last tennis partner, Tara, and I never can work it out to play (Can you really get a babysitter to go play tennis for a couple of hours?). Needless to say, the action was pretty slow and the night was cut short when Chappo rolled an ankle. Maybe it's better that we ended when we did - things were getting ugly!
Wednesday night we got an old friend out of retirement - Dave Brockbank. I can't even remember the last time we got together, but I know I didn't even have kids yet. The Brockbanks and Chapmans came over to Casa Covili for a backyard BBQ. It was filled with burgers, balls, and a few boo-hoo's. It's always fun to see everyone and find out what they're up to with their families. Dave now has four kids and lives in Cedar Hills. Even though he's back in Utah, Happy Valley can sometimes feel like a world away so we don't get together very often. Still, time doesn't change anything - when old friends get together it seems like minutes and not years have passed. It was a great night...
Friday I had my last boys party with Chappo. He came over around 10pm and we had another monopoly night. I know it sounds boring, but it's become a tradition and we like it - so there. This time the monopoly took a back seat to Rock Band. Ian brought his new purchase over and we rocked the night away. Good thing we don't have any video footage - if the tennis was scary it was nothing compared to the site of me on vocals....I am very lucky to have such good friends in my life. No matter how frequent, or in frequent, our visits are it's always good to have close friends. Thanks for a great week guys.
3 comments:
Yes, good friends are great. Especially when one of them is Tara.
No wonder we never see both of you here in Lehi. "Happy Valley can sometimes feel like a world away." You just need to get used to driving here...
We miss you guys. Thanks for hosting us for a fun night and for entertaining David when I wasn't around. Today, the reality of reality is hitting hard. Can't believe our trip is over, but it was great while it lasted!
Sounds like good times. Is that you playing the bass guitar or Chappo? You can tell a lot about a band by who plays the bass.
Post a Comment