6/1/08

One year older and wiser too...

So I turned 35 this past Thursday. I am officially closer to 40 than I am to 30 now. 10 years ago, I thought 40 was soooo old. Now, it seems pretty young.

Life is just flying by right now. Being a mommy has really changed my life these past few years. I went from working full-time at a pretty nice job, having more spare time and money, and being in pretty good shape, to still working full-time with no pay, having no time for myself, and being in awful shape. But, I wouldn't give it up for anything. (Okay, maybe I would give up the extra pounds I am carrying around, but we are working on that.)

We had a great lesson in church today about enjoying the moment that you are in right now and not wishing your life away, waiting for better times. I love the time of my life that I am in right now. I love my kids, my husband and the fun times and the not so fun times we have. I love teaching my children, learning from them and watching them grow. I can't believe that Kennedy will start pre-school this year and Alex is turning 2 in a couple of months.

I'm kind of rambling here, but I wanted to share some thoughts that have been going around in my head. Besides the fact that turning 35 has made me think a little about life and how quickly it can pass us by, I also had a nice birthday. Everyone has been very thoughtful. Jared's mom and sister took me out to lunch for my birthday, we had a big birthday dinner last Sunday with Jared's family and my parents invited us this Sunday for my birthday. On my actual birthday, I spent the day with Angee and Patty and all the kids and we ate burnt cupcakes that I made myself. Then we went for some Mexican food with the Duncans that evening. Jared gave me the Nike ipod running program (I told you I was working on the losing weight thing!) so I can get in shape for the half marathon I hope to run this September.

I guess turning 35 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe it will give me some incentive to get my life in gear and be healthier by the time I turn 40!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Tara!!! What the heck is the Nike ipod thingy??? We'll have to talk about that for sure! Don't be hard on yourself, your a mother of two and extra pounds is a sign of that....if we were too skinny, we would be teaching our kids to eat like models, and we don't want that!!! So go eat another burnt cupcake and enjoy! love ya

Patty said...

I am going to enjoy playing with my friend T at age 35, and at 80! It will always be the same, funny Tara! The same goofball that I remember back when she was 19 & 20!

Angee said...

I love Tara ramblings. I feel very privileged to have spent your birthday with you. Too bad you had to bring your own cupcakes. :)

I call I'm there when we're all 80...