View Larger Map
In the past couple of weeks I've been away from home more days than I've been in SLC. I think Tara feels like she's a single mom, raising two kids without the help of a dead beat dad. So far this month I've spent a weekend in Wyoming, three days in Dixie, and now I'm in the heart of Texas - attending a conference in San Antonio. I don't even know what time zone I'm in anymore, ok so it's not that bad yet.
A couple of days ago I mentioned how warm it was in St. George. I can't even compare what 106 feels like in Utah compared to 98 in Texas. After walking around the Riverwalk for an hour last night I had to wring out my shirt when I got back to the Marriott. I think I'm going to go through 3 shirts a day while I'm here.Fortunately I'm not alone this week while I'm in Texas. Ross and Rob are also with me at the conference. We've also run into several of the trainers from Utah and gone to dinner with Rob and Kevin from NUES. I guess I should mention that in addition to our group from Utah, there's about 20,000 attendees from around the country here as well. Let's just say you get used to being in a line pretty quick around NECC.
The keynote address was the highlight from Day 1. James Surowiecki, author of The Wisdom of Crowds, spoke about how the collective intelligence of a group can outweigh the wisdom of any one person individually. It's a book that I have on the shelf, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. After hearing from Surowiecki, it just moved on deck in my list of next reads. Well, enough for now - let's see if I can make it back to the room with soaking my shirt....
1 comment:
Hey, you and Brandon are two peas in a pod now....Tara and I should be hanging out! Single life can stink! But I have come to realize that it is almost as hard to be the one traveling as it is to be the one staying home. I know it takes a lot out of you! Good luck, have Tar call if she ever needs anything!
Post a Comment