I'm going there someday, but not today. We had the best of intentions this month. About two weeks ago we asked Mark and Angie if they wanted to attend Ward Temple Night with us. We figured, with the advanced warning, we could both get babysitters with days to spare. Sure enough, everything worked out and we picked up our friends and headed off to the Salt Lake Temple. As we entered the temple each of us pulled out our recommends and proceeded to go inside. Only Tara and I noticed that Mark and Angie were held up for some reason. No worries, I thought. Even if there's a problem they always let members of the bishopric vouch for ward members. Well, not this time. It appears there was a new memo, no one with an old or expired recommend would be permitted in (I thought it was because they didn't believe I was in the Bishopric with my funny mustache).
Unbelievable, even when we try to do the right thing it backfires on us. We were all disappointed, but still, do you ever waste a babysitter? We decided to head to the Gateway to catch a movie. The parking lot was full to overflowing. So, we headed to Trolley Square, unaware that the theater was closed. Nothing was going our way.
We stopped for a quick gelato and went home to spend an hour playing Guitar Hero until our sitters' time was up. Even if it didn't work the way we wanted it was still fun to get together with some friends and try to go the temple...
4 comments:
Nothing like Guitar Hero in church clothes. Let me guess, T schooled everyone...
Grace says "that's pretty crazy." She is into commenting on blogs lately if you can't tell. Too bad about all the botched plans... glad you at least got to play GH in peace with your kids otherwise occupied!
Thanks for the confidence vote, Ang, but Angie-the one in the picture- gave me some good competition. I barely beat her in faceoff, but in the battle, she kicked my trash, as did most everyone. And Mark and Angie don't even own GH.
Tara, you know that it was all beginner's luck for us. You really are the queen of GH! Thanks for the fun date, sorry we botched up the plans a bit.
Post a Comment