6/17/08

A Long, Fun Day

I thought I would write a quick post about last Saturday. We spent most of the day in Mapleton with my family, but started the day out with Aunt Char. She invited us to her Stake carnival and parade. So I packed up the kids by 9 am and headed to the parade. The kids loved getting candy and seeing the fire engine. No pics, forgot the camera. Then we spent the next hour trying to get the kids to jump in the big blow up toy, go down the big blow-up slide, go down the water slide. Nothing. My kids are wimps. Not even daring Alex would enter the blow-up jump toy. So the kids hit the fishing pond, golf game, and arts and crafts. They had a blast, but we had to hurry-we were on our way to Tessa's birthday party at my parent's house.

We headed home to pick up Jared and sped off to the big birthday party. Tessa turned 2 and had a fun bubble party, with games, a bubble cake and a hot dog barbecue. There were lots of kids there, thanks to the Bringhurst kids competing to see how many children they can have.



Kennedy was voted "most improved" bubble blower, but that just because Alex had already won the "most bubbles dumped" category, or she would have won that one also.




We spent the rest of the day at my parents and then the entire Houtz clan-all 30 of us-ate at Joe Vera's in Provo to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad. I'm not sure that is what my dad had in mind when he said he wanted to go to dinner for Father's day, but he got all of us! After dinner we decided to give my dad his Father's Day present right there on Provo Center street. We gave him a nice lawn chair to relax in after working in the garden all day. I'm sure it was quite the sight to see all of us testing out the new lawn chair as people drove down Center Street. We ended our night there, but the rest of my family headed to Bonnie and Dick's for homemade ice cream, cake and Art City day fireworks. I was sad to miss out on the rest of the party, but really, how much do you need to squeeze in to one day?

1 comment:

Liz said...

Your kids have so many talents!! I know who to call if I have a bubble party!