6/3/08

Blessing or Curse?

About a month ago we finally broke down and got a DVR. Sure, we're two years behind all the rest of you out there, but I wasn't really sure I needed an excuse to watch more TV. Truthfully, there aren't that many shows out there that I want to watch. Even so, I never seem to have time to watch the programs that are on my radar. Hence the DVR.

I've really enjoyed having the ability to record an entire series without having to find each individual program. Set it once and you're done. This means I'll never have to miss another Red Sox game. Still, I always seem to have at least 3 games that I haven't even looked at yet. In addition to sports, I've set The Office, 30 Days, Top Chef, and Frontline into the scheduler.

The problem with having access to so many recordings is the only time to watch is after 9 pm, once the kids are down for the night. This was the case on Sunday evening when Tara and I sat down to watch a show called Love Actually (I can't believe it either).We had seen it starting on USA (glad we got the edited version based upon a few scenes) the other night and recorded it to give it a try. I am embarrassed to admit it, but it was a really good show. A complete and total chick flick and I loved every minute of it. We finally finished the movie around 12:30 am, and neither of us regretted the loss of sleep (until I had to get up to go to Brigham City the next morning). That being said, if you get the chance to watch Love Actually, give it a try.

Hooray for the DVR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you are just barely seeing this movie! It's one of my most favorites ever - and a pretty good christmas movie, too.


We had the DVR and after a few months of never using it, we canceled the service.

Angee said...

Drapers have been wanting a DVR, but not wanting to pay for the device. I don't mind the monthly fee, but did you buy yours or get a deal or what...