We've been pretty lucky to have healthy kids. They rarely get sick, so when they do, I never seem to know what to do. Alex came down with a pretty good fever on Thursday and by Friday afternoon, it hit 103.3, so I decided to go to the doctor. I know they really can't do anything, but I was worried about an ear infection, so off we went. By the time we got to the doctor's office, his temp was down to 100.6. I felt kind of dumb since I'm not one to run to the doctor for any little thing. Anyway, of course the doctor said it is a virus and will just have to run its course. The worst part is that after the fever broke, Alex had developed these nasty looking sores inside and outside his mouth. They must be pretty painful, because he has been pretty cranky and won't eat much.

Alex has also become quite attached to his blankie during these few days. In this picture, he crawled off my lap, laid his blanket down on the grass, curled up in a little ball and fell asleep.
Now it's Monday and we are still waiting for Alex to be himself again, even if that means he's back to tearing the house apart. It will be better than the sad, crying, clingy little boy he's been the past few day. As much as I like cuddling with my little boy, he's becoming quite the mama's boy and I'm getting worn out.
4 comments:
I just love that little cutie...he is such a sweet little boy. Easton had the same exact thing this week!! It really must have been a virus. Poor things.
Poor little guy. I hope he starts feeling better soon.
It's is so sad when little kids are sick, I do love the cuddling though. Especially since Brandon is NOT a cuddler. I'll take it when I can get it. Your a fantastic mom. What a lucky little guy.
Sorry Alex. Maybe that's why you didn't enjoy bowling too much. :) I promise, we'll hit McDonald's next time.
Post a Comment