4/3/08

Diary of a Red Sox Fan

I can't believe it's baseball season again. It's always exciting to have another season upon us, but my excitement is a bit tempered this year. When you enter the season as the defending champions there isn't anywhere to go but down. Don't get me wrong, I think the Red Sox can repeat this year, but I don't think it will be easy. There have already been injuries to Beckett and Schilling, and we started the season with the dreaded trip to Japan (every team who's made this trip has gotten off to a terrible start!).

Since I'm not going back to Beantown this year there won't be any chances to see the Sox in person. Still, we won't miss many games. The DirecTV baseball package will keep us with the Red Sox every night. And our new DVR will ensure that I'll actually be able to watch a few of the games after I get home. It's fun to have baseball back and I'm excited to see if the Red Sox can repeat their magic from last year.

No comments: