What was I doing 10 years ago:
10 years ago, Jared and I had been married for 6 months. We lived in a tiny apartment by Liberty Park on Lake Street. The great thing about the street was that if it rained hard enough, it really did turn into a lake.

I was working at The Boys & Girls Club in Murray, trying to keep a bunch of kids in line and having a good time with it. I had just graduated from the U. of U. with a degree in therapeutic recreation and didn't know what I really wanted to do with it. Jared was still in school with several years left. Good thing I was making big bucks at the Boys & Girls Club to support him!
5 places I've visited:
1. Spain-if you can count a mission. What a great place. My goal is to get back to Spain-specifically Barcelona someday. I'd like to hit Italy while in the area.
2. Switzerland and France. I put these together because we visited them after my mission with my parents and sisters and did both in about 4 days-not enough time.
3. Boston, MA. Been there twice in 3 years. It's helped that we've got great friends there who let us crash at their house for free while we run off to Red Sox games at Fenway. Thanks Chappo and Michelle. Hope to go back there soon, also.

4. Atlanta, GA. I include this because it was the first time I flew on an airplane. I was 14 and our little softball team made it to the National tournament in Marietta, Georgia. We won the consolation bracket (we were the best of the losers!)
5. San Diego, CA. Two reasons: Jared and I spent a few days on our honeymoon there and my sister and her family lived there (Coronado) for 2 years while I was in college. We made lots of trips out to visit them. There's just something about the beach and 70 degree weather year round that can't be beat. The city has good memories for me and we are heading back to Coronado this summer for a girls only trip.
Things I enjoy:
I enjoy my kids-90% of the time.
I enjoy the sound of tiny feet running across the floor.
I enjoy Mexican food, Pepsi and chocolate
I enjoy late night email sessions with my friends and an occasional girls night out.
I enjoy 5:45 pm, sometimes 5:50 pm when Jared comes home from work and the kids tackle him as he comes in the door (and I get a little break-sometimes)
I enjoy reading a good book when the kids are in bed
3 bad habits:
1. I think this came up before-I like Pepsi and chocolate.
2. I like to sleep in-even until 8 am is a treat for me. (Doesn't happen much now.)
3. I burp. Not usually in public, just at home, but I'm pretty good at it. Gross.
5 things you might not know about me:
1. I like to do yardwork and I plant a little garden every year.
2. I like Wynonna Judd music (not so much now-too much gospel music, but when I was younger I actually joined her fan club-embarrassing, I know.)
3. I am going to run a 1/2 marathon this year. I'm putting this on because I am very out of shape right now and have vowed to do this so I can get my butt in gear. If I put it on the blog, maybe it will actually happen. I need something to motivate me.
4. I like reality TV. Mostly Survivor and Top Chef.
5. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
5 jobs I've had:
1. Cashier at a gas station in Springville. I think I made $3.50 an hour.
2. Softball umpire for Springville girls league. I did this for a couple of summers.
3. Worked front desk at the Life Centre fitness center in Sandy.
4. Boys & Girls Club of Murray.
5. Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation-program coordinator and manager
Although the hardest job I have had to this date is being a mom. Doesn't pay much and is 24 hours a day. Although the hugs and kisses and laughs are worth it. Here I am, not sleeping in.

So there you have it. Now you know more about little old me than will ever be necessary.
5 comments:
A couple of things:
1. That was so not boring. Seriously, the best "tagged" post I've ever read. You have a way with words my friend.
B. Even though I'm not a Red Sox fan, I would love to go to Boston with you. Love the pic of the cute couple in Boston
And last I did know that you liked Wynonna. In fact, I cannot hear a Wynonna song and not think of you. That's a good thing.
One more thing, I LOVE late nite (aka 9pm) emails with my friends. Let's keep that up.
YOU'RE SO COOL T! I'm so lucky to call you friend.
I'm with you on the sleeping in bit. I sure miss a really good sleep in day.
Good for you doing a 1/2 marathon! I am gearing up for a
5K and that's the most I'm ever going to make myself run. If I even get that far.
Fun post, I liked learning more about you.
OK - 2 things. First, W. Judd???!!! Are you kidding me! And you joining her fan club! ha ha ha I love it.
B = I love Survivor! Had I known, we would have been e-mailing back and forth about it for years now. :)
GNO - thanks for the laughs! I needed them.
Does anyone know about the hidden Guitar Hero talent? Give me some time on hard, and we'll battle. Some of us are wanting to do a 5K, are you in? Maybe it could be a prelude to your 1/2 marathon!
Natalie
I KNEW IT! You only use us as a free hotel to go to Red Sox games! That's ok. We don't care -just glad we get to see you. :-)
Michelle
Post a Comment