
First of all, I can't believe that my dad is almost 80! He seems so young to me. His yard is perfect, his garden is awesome and he still can fix or build almost anything. I definitely got my love for being outside and gardening from my dad. When I was little, I would always head outside to help my dad in the garden and with the yard. I would help him pull weeds (and sometimes his tomato plants-they looked like weeds to me). I loved being outside with my dad. My mom can vouch for that because I always wanted to be out helping dad and not in the house doing dishes or housework. I haven't changed much.
When I was little, my dad worked on the weekends driving a dump truck. He always took a load of gypsum to Heber and every so often, he would invite me to come along. I loved riding in the big dump truck and being up so high. I even asked for a dump truck for my 5th birthday. Yes, I was and still am quite the tomboy. The best part about the trip to Heber was the stop we always made at Granny's to get one of their famous shakes.
My dad used to take me fishing and hunting with him and my brothers. He taught me how to set up my fishing pole and even how to clean the fish. He even bought me a Daisy bb gun when I was old enough. I always looked forward to spending that time with my dad.
My dad has always been so supportive of me and the activities I was involved in. I have so many great memories of him and my mom taking time off work and traveling great distances to come to one of my many softball, basketball or volleyball games. My dad has always been there for me in all that I've done.
I couldn't ask for a better dad. He is a wonderful dad, grandpa, and person.
Happy Birthday, dad, I love you.
3 comments:
What a sweet dad you have. Don't you hope our kids love us just as much and have as many great memories of childhood as we do?
Ohhhh . . . good job T. The #1 memory I have of your dad has to deal with a tampon and a bloody nose on a long drive to Kansas! :)
I would have loved to have had you as a friend growing up (when we were really young). We would have been Tomboys together . . . & good ones at that!
I can't believe I forgot to put that story on the blog. I'm sure everyone wants to hear a story that involves tampons!
Post a Comment