When we plan a get together, sometimes we all make it, most of the time we don't, but the regulars are always Patty, Angee and usually me.
So last week, after some planning and changed dates on my part, I actually got to hang out with my buddies twice.
We started with a GNO (girls night out) on Saturday, which consisted of a bad movie, (I'm too embarassed to admit which one we went to.) Okay, it was Drillbit Taylor, but in our defense, we left early and went shopping. Ang, I'm so glad you bought those tickets early online-we might have had to fight some 12 year old boys for the good seats without them. At least the popcorn was good-oh wait-it sucked too. Although it was good for one thing...Leave it to Patty to make a good use out of crappy popcorn.

So off to the mall we went. Since the mall was not in our plans and nobody had money or the desire to shop, we headed off to Chili's for some good dinner and some chat time. Dinner was good, chat time, not so good. We sat in the bar area with the loud people and TV. After dinner we all decided we needed to get some grocery shopping done for Sunday dinner, so off to Target we went. A few groceries later and a contest to see who could spend the least (I lost), we headed home. All in all, the activities of the night show just how old we are. But the great thing about it is that the conversation and fun was still there. It was just great to be together for a few hours-without the kids.
The next Tuesday, we all headed to Patty's house for another get together-with kids. We decided to go on a hike. If anyone remembers, it snowed that day. The hike was out, but don't worry we ended up at the local Odgen bowling alley. Sounded fun until I was reminded that Alex doesn't sit still and was on the run the entire time we were there. I should be losing weight chasing this kid. But it hasn't happened yet. The rest of the crew had fun, despite my fun times wrestling with Alex.



We spent the rest of the day at Patty's house and the kids had a blast playing together. The adults had some time to relax and talk and eat some chocolate. What a great way to spend a day. Thanks for the fun, friends. Lets do it again soon.
2 comments:
Sweet post T. I'm so excited I made "mild tales". I have now arrived.
Thanks for the smiles, and yes, Patty always knows what to do with sucky popcorn. (Can you say suck or will you get in trouble with June?)
We're old but we can still sit around and talk with the best of them. How about next week...
T - you definitely have a way with words! I loved it. Write mine next time, would ya.
Post a Comment