I vowed that I would not be that mom that stuck her kid in dance when she was 2. Well, here I am, eating my words. Kennedy started dance class last week. It all started a few months ago when we went to Chloe's dance recital and one of the little 2 year old classes danced to the song "I love being a princess" from the Backyardigans. (All you moms out there know the show and probably the song.) Anyway, ever since, Kennedy has been wanting to "dance like a princess" and practices almost daily in her not so quiet "talent shoes" as she calls them.

So last Tuesday, my not so petite little girl headed to dance class with her little pink outfit, tights and ballet shoes. She was a little shy at first with her teacher, Kasha, but was soon out there twirling and dancing like the little princess she is (or at least thinks she is.) I hate to make any predictions here, but I think Kennedy is going to end up like her mom, to big and clumsy for ballet and tap, but hopefully talented enough to play a little basketball or softball.

2 comments:
If I ever have a daughter, she'll be the end of me and want to be a cheerleader. Or, Elliott will just want to be a debater like his dad. A 6"8' debater!
I was a "dancer" until I was 12. That was when it finally hit me that I was a giant among, well, future princesses and cheerleaders.
I hope Kennedy has fun. I did. And I hope you're right, too...that she ends up with some sweet skills on the court.
Kennedy is a doll in her pink dance outfit! Grace starts her second year of dance this week. Although, she's quite the tomboy otherwise, she does love to go to dance class and twirl with her friends. I think there is nothing cuter than a little girl in her first dance class!
Post a Comment