20 years ago, I was a junior in high school. This kind of freaked me out when I realized that my 20 year reunion is next year. I am getting old. The reason I bring this up is that I received a phone call from an old high school volleyball teammate a few weeks ago. The high school athletic director was trying to round up the 1989 volleyball team. It so happens that we were 30-0 that season and won the state championship. We were pretty good. I wish I could say I was a star, but I was just a role player. Anyway, the school district had chosen our team to become members of the Nebo School District Hall of Fame. Wow, I know! Pretty impressive, right! I didn't even know that there was a Hall of Fame for the Nebo School District, but we are officially a part of it now!


We attended the volleyball game at Springville High and they gave us a little award before the match. After, we all went to dinner and caught up on what everyone was doing. It was great to see everyone and find out what they were all up to. I couldn't believe that it had been twenty years since I had seen some of these friends.

These girls were my best friends. They made my high school years so much fun. I loved being a part of these teams and making such great friends. Some people say they would never want to go to high school again. I actually wouldn't mind it. I loved my years playing sports with these people and totally enjoyed the fun times we had together. Go mighty Red Devils!!
4 comments:
Tara, just realized I left my comment on what is actually Jared's facebook. Should have left it here for you. Nice post!
There my wife goes making techno mistakes. So over 30!! ;-P
That is cool Tara. And for the record, you can be on my basketball team anytime.
20? Really? You are getting old! :) And you are a star player in my book!
Looks like a lot of fun. We should do that for our Snow softball team! You know we went back to Nationals! ha ha ha
Your practically famous. That is awesome....what a tribute. Looks like a fun group of girls. I miss high school sometimes too! congrats.
Post a Comment