For the past two weeks we've been making a really big deal out of Scout/Young Men's training that was was being held downtown. We'd made flyers, phone calls, and last minute texts to ensure most of the Stake's leaders would be in attendance. As far as we knew everyone would be there. The problem was - everyone else was there as well. When we arrived at the meeting there was a mass of suit wearing scouters milling around the Tabernacle. I guess when you invite all the Stake, Ward, and Scout leaders across the valley to attend a meeting - they actually show up. Needless to say, with the building full we headed home for the shortest meeting I've ever attended.
10/27/09
No Room
For the past two weeks we've been making a really big deal out of Scout/Young Men's training that was was being held downtown. We'd made flyers, phone calls, and last minute texts to ensure most of the Stake's leaders would be in attendance. As far as we knew everyone would be there. The problem was - everyone else was there as well. When we arrived at the meeting there was a mass of suit wearing scouters milling around the Tabernacle. I guess when you invite all the Stake, Ward, and Scout leaders across the valley to attend a meeting - they actually show up. Needless to say, with the building full we headed home for the shortest meeting I've ever attended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I guess you could say that I was one of the lucky ones to get in. It was packed. Many in our stake didn't get either. It sounds like your on the stake level. What's your calling?
Post a Comment