Being a political junkie, I've gone through a bit of withdrawal since the primary season ended. There have only been minor stories blown way out of proportion due to the lack of new information. Saturday, we finally had some substantive news as both Barack Obama and John McCain participated in the Saddleback Forum.Each man was given an hour to answer questions from Rick Warren, author and pastor of the Saddleback Church. It was really interesting to hear responses to questions like: Does evil exist? When does life begin? What is your greatest moral failing? This forum focused on faith and leadership and encouraged the candidates to share who they really are. It was nice to hear some positives from each man and to find out more about their spiritual cores. While I thought both candidates did a good job, I will say that I found McCain's answers a bit too declarative, while Obama seemed vague at times. Still, it was good to hear some new political news and to find out more about our next President.
Here's something just for fun:
No comments:
Post a Comment