2/11/07

Taking Turns


Normally, I would say taking turns is a wonderful thing for a brother and sister to do. We've really worked to develop a sense of selflessness between Alex and, in particular, Kennedy. I don't think last night was what we had in mind. About 2 am Alex woke up and spent the next 30 minutes crying and screaming. Finally before 3 he fell asleep and guess who woke up - yep, Kennedy. She then proceeded to cry about wanting her milk for the next 30 minutes or so. Around 5 am it was back to Alex. And at 6 am Kennedy finished off the night.

I don't know if we're doing the right thing by encouraging them to deal with their own issues during the night. I know that's it pretty rough on the sleeping patterns for everyone involved. Still, once their basics needs have been met (food, diapers, etc.) I don't want the kids to feel that they can't get to sleep without Mom (and sometimes Dad). I just hope Tara doesn't want to learn from the kids example and take turns tonight.

No comments: