
Last night I was up until 2 o'clock finishing my first birthday read, The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. I think that fact alone speaks volumes about what I think of this book. For the past couple of months I've tried to find out as much as I could about the Senator from Illinois. I've been to his website, watch all kinds of videos, listened to speeches, even added a ticker about him to my Google Alerts. Reading his book gave me a greater insight into Mr. Obama and what he stands for.
The book gives a basic overview on the life of the fledgling senator. Obama discusses the demands of the job, his successes and failures, his goals, and an overview on his views of the country - where's it at and where it is headed. I think the title is well chosen - The Audacity of Hope. How can we be so bold as to have hope at a somewhat bleak time in America? Obama gives us cause and encourages readers to follow a new idea in American politics.
It will be interesting to see where the next two years takes Barack Obama. Maybe he'll fade into obscurity as the latest star of the moment. After reading his book, I hope he'll continue to share his "common sense" with all of us and, hopefully, he'll stay in Washington a long time - as President of the United States. How's that for the Audacity of Hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment