2/14/07

Happy Valentime's Day


It's the season for love and of course, what better way to celebrate "Valentime's" Day, (as Kennedy would say) than decorating sugar cookies. On Monday, we spent the day with Candace and Heather and all the kids making sugar cookies for friends and family. The finished product ended up with Kennedy using about a half a bottle sprinkles on one cookie.

She didn't have much interested in decorating with anything but the sprinkles. Don't worry, we made a second batch without prodding kid fingers to give to the friends.

Jared was amazed that it took us all day to make a couple of batches of cookies. I assume that he has never tried to bake and decorate cookies with six kids under the age of 4 running around the house, had a picnic, played on the swingset and kept them entertained and mostly uninjured the entire day.
Valentine's Day was a fun day. We delivered Valentine's to Kennedy's friends in the neighborhood and then Aunt Char came to visit for a few minutes. She brought some fun treats and at one point, Kennedy announced that she needed more presents. She's not spoiled at all! Alex was happy with his new toys, but he seems to be happy 99% of the time anyway.


We spent the evening at Evan and Alicia's house, eating heart shaped pizza and watching the kids open more presents from Nana and Papa. I guess Kennedy got what she wanted. She absolutely loved Valentine's Day. Shes been wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day for the past 2 days. It's been so fun to see her get so excited about a holiday.

I thought Valentine's Day was about romance, but I think once you have kids, it's all about them, no matter the holiday. Maybe Jared and I can go out this weekend and actually celebrate Valentine's Day.

No comments: