Ward ball has it's ups and downs. For the Cottonwood 4th Ward it's been pretty much all downs this season. Every game our score gets doubled and every game something weird seems to happen. Take tonight's game for example. The first half was actually going pretty well. We were only down 8 points with under a minute remaining in the half. Cue the weird moment of the game.
With about 10 seconds left in the half the best player from the other team got the ball and was headed down court. I was the only one getting back to stop the play, so I decided to foul - figuring we weren't in 1 & 1 yet. I committed a reach in foul and held the player up to make sure he knew I wasn't being dirty. The whistle blew and the Ref changed the game.
That's a flagrant foul on Covili. Two shots and the ball out of bounds.
Joey, are you kidding me? I held him up to be a good sport.
You weren't going for the ball. A flagrant foul also constitutes a technical foul, so you're out of the game for the next 5 minutes.
Joey, I'm the least likely guy in the gym to get a "T" and now I've got to sit out? Come on.
Those are the rules.
I sat my time, all the while being jeered by everyone in the gym. "Bishopric can't hold their tempers." And that was from my the guys in my ward. We lost the game. I laughed it off, eventually. The questions remain, am I now going to be known as Mr. T at church? Do I have to confess to the Bishop before I can play again?
No comments:
Post a Comment