I am typing this in the dark so no one can know my horrible secret. Earlier tonight we went to dinner with my family. Nothing out of the ordinary - my parents were in town for the week and we wanted to get together. After dinner I suggested we go back to my house and play croquet. I told Tara we could stop by Target and pick up a set pretty quickly. So off to Target we went. One problem - Target was out of croquet sets. The 16-year-old helping us said, "I don't think we've had any of those thingies since like August." Strange considering there was an add in the paper two weeks ago with croquet sets on sale at Target. Needless to say, we were forced to make a decision: go home without a croquet set, ruining the evening for my family or stop by the only other store nearby - walmart (I can barely type the word..ughhh).

Tara and I engaged in brief exchange in which we debated who should go into the mart and I wound up losing. I crept into the store praying that I wouldn't be seen by anyone who's heard me talk about ***Mart and rushed to the area I thought I'd find croquet sets. I don't even want to think about everything I saw while I was in there. As my blood pressure raised from the thought that I was in a Wal****, I quickly realized that they didn't carry any croquet sets either. In a small sense I was saved. I would not have to purchase anything from the mart. I ran from the store, rushed home and took a shower. It's late in the night and I had to get this off my chest. Please don't tell anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment