
In spite of my addiction to reality TV, this post is not about the show on CBS. However, that program played a vital role in what I did for work yesterday. I've been training the Geography teachers in the Jordan School District how to use GPS units and we decided to create an all day event for them called the Jordan District Amazing Race. It was so fun!!!!!
The race took them all over the southern half of the valley and had teachers participating in tons of different challenges and events. One of my personal favorites was a culture challenge in which teams had to pick a physical event or academic event dealing with the Philippines. Most picked the physical challenge which involved downing a tin of sardines in less than a minute. I don't think I could have done it, but the participants wolfed those fish down in record time!It was such a fun day for the teachers (and for me) and it was a great way to help schools learn more about GPS technology and how they can use it with their students. In fact, the three winning schools all received a classroom set of GPS units. How cool is that! There are some days that I can't believe I get paid for my job, and yesterday was certainly one of those. Come on, I spent all day participating in a giant GPS obstacle course!
No comments:
Post a Comment