
Well, for the third straight year I've shingled a roof. This time I spent the weekend at the Cabin, tearing off the old roof and shingling the new one. This was an in-law driven project as Willie, Dick, and I were the principle roofers. In-Law Pride!!! I don't really mind roofing, it actually moves pretty fast once you get around the vents (don't let the Elders' Quorum know I said that I don't mind roofing!). The only problem I have is getting out of bed the next day. Surprising enough the only really sore spot on my body was my hand from using the nail gun all day - weird!
My favorite part of the project came after we had finished and I went to use the bathroom. While I was sitting there, I looked up and noticed the results of our handiwork - nails were coming through the ceiling! I'm just glad I wasn't using the bathroom when the nails came through. It's safe to say I wouldn't have been very comfortable!! At least I wouldn't have stained my drawers!Well, I guess I'll have to wait until next year to find out where I'll be roofing again. If you're in need of a little roof repair, let me know - I want to keep my streak alive!
1 comment:
Too bad Dr. Chapman wasn't there to help!
Post a Comment