
Yesterday I went down to Springville to help set up a GPS class we're teaching next week. Springville has many different associations for the average Utahn: City of Satan (the home of the Red Devils), Drug Party Haven (up Hobble Creek Canyon), and the Art City of Utah. We didn't run into Satan or any druggies (excluding Prozac), but we did see a lot of art. A Utah County Geocacher set up an art tour of Springville, so Ross and I put on our best attire and went out in search of the arts. I was amazed at how many different sculptures there are in Springville. I think most are aware of the Art Museum, but I hadn't ever noticed how many pieces of art line the streets. It was actually pretty cool to see all of the statues and sculptures. Surprising enough, there wasn't one sculpture of the Red Devil - too bad, although I did find Mark Twain near City Hall!
While we were in Springville, Ross and I went out on a couple caches to see what we could see. I had to laugh, cause one of the locations led us near my sister-in-law (Bonnie)'s house. It was around 3 o'clock when we passed the house and whose officially sponsored Mapleton police car was there - could it be Phillip's? It's nice to see our tax dollars are hard at work. Although I guess I can't say much since I was down in Springville in a state vehicle out looking for caches. Hey it's a tough life. Needless to say we found the cache at the top a nearby hill and I took a photo of the Mapleton Police Explorer to use for future blackmail. What a day!
1 comment:
Why does the car outside the house not surprise me? I better not say any more he might put the MA state police on me.
Post a Comment