Last week I went in for a physical. It's not that I am having any problems or feel the need to disrobe in front of a total stranger, I simply have a prescription that I needed renewed. Of course when I got on the scale my weight was up about 10 lbs. from my previous visit in 2004. I know that I am up in an up phase in my yo-yo diet life, but it's always nice to have it reinforced by a medical opinion. Here was our discussion:
So, your weight is up from our last visit. What's going on?
I'm not doing very well maintaining a good diet.
No, what's going on?
I have been eating too much and not exercising enough.
Since you've last seen me your weight has increased, you've gotten two years older, and your blood pressure is too high. I'd say that, at the current rate, you'll come back to me in a couple of years with another 20 lbs. and severe problems with your blood pressure.
I thought this was going to be a fun visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment