1/10/06

Late Night with Kennedy

Usually Kennedy is a very good sleeper. She has been since she was two months old; however, over the past couple of weeks she's suffered from a cough which wakes her up at night. About 3 am we heard the following coming from her bedroom.

Cough, Cough.

Ba-ba (whimper) Ba-ba

MA-MA (louder cry) MA-MA!


At this point Tara got up to give Kennedy a Ba-ba (bottle) and to help soothe her back to sleep. Here's where my life changed. While Kennedy and Tara were leaving her room, I heard the following.

Cough, cough.

Daddy, Daddy.


For the first time in her life, Kennedy called out for me in the middle of the night. What a moment! She is finally moving from a Mama's girl to a Daddy's girl. To celebrate this monumental achievement I did what any good father would do - I rolled over and went back to sleep.

No comments: