Somehow those words don't seem quite as painful as they have in years past. Life has changed as a Red Sox fan, since the championship of 04'. Suddenly, getting swept out of the playoffs doesn't hurt as much as it might have a couple years ago. I told Tara weeks ago that this team just didn't have the same magic as it did last year. Even though most of the same players were back, there was just something missing (I think most people call it pitching!)from the 05' version of the Sox.
Yesterday's final game encapsulated the entire season for the Red Sox. Somewhat shaky starting pitching, Manny/Big Papi as the only offense, and a depleted bullpen. It was fun to watch the games again this year and our trip to Fenway was awesome, but overall it wasn't the same as last year. Oh well, as has been said many times - Wait Til Next Year.
1 comment:
Hi Jared:
I am sorry that your red sox lost...but at least they didn't loose to the evil empire.
Post a Comment