10/5/05

FSA


So what's the one thing everyone wants to do on a Wednesday evening when the Red Sox are in the Playoffs? If you said speak in front of a room of strangers about the most important event of your life over the past eight years - you win the prize. Tara and I went to an FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) meeting earier this evening. We were asked to share our story about adopting Kennedy to prospective adoptive families. It was a little wierd since last year, at this time, we were in the classes. We saw a few of the same faces from the classes, only this time there were some smaller faces along with them (I think we saw about five couples who received children!). It was neat to have Tara share our story and let everyone know how adopting Kennedy has changed our lives. Even though I didn't say much, I never thought I would be so glad to have the chance to talk in front of strangers.

After the meeting, we went downstairs to look at Kennedy's picture on the Wall of Fame. LDS Family Service has their walls covered with pictures of adopted children. She was so cute and really loved looking at a picture of herself as a baby. It was fun to be back at the agency and to let Kennedy experience some of the joys of being an adopted child.

BTW - the Red Sox lost again and are down 0-2 in the 1st round of the playoffs. I'm glad I didn't stay home to watch it.

No comments: