
Over the past couple of days I've had people wishing me their condolences. It's not the death of a loved one, a family pet, or an old friend. No, it's much more than that - it's the end of the Red Sox season! I have been living and dying with this team so long that I always look at the end of the season with mixed emotions. It's nice to have more time for other things, but there's always something missing until April.
With the Red Sox being swept last Friday, I decided that there was only one thing that that could take away the sorrow - the Yankees had to lose! Last year was the first time time I didn't have to change my allegiance from the Red Sox to WPY (Whoever's Plaything the Yankees). Last night I was definitely an Anaheim Angels fan(I refuse to call them the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim - what a joke). Even with everything going against the Halo's, they managed to pull out a 5-3 win, sending the Yanks home early with their 203 million dollar payroll. The best part was A-Rod went 0-4 and he grounded into a double play to kill a 9th inning rally. I can't think of anything better (other than last year's scenario) than watching the Yankees with that look of utter disbelief on their faces. Priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment