
Every year our ward gets together in the church parking lot for an activity called Trunk or Treat. The basic idea behind the activity is that the kids in the neighborhood dress up in their Halloween costumes a week early and get candy from people at their cars, instead of their homes. I can't tell you how popular this thing is. We must have given out about 8 bags of candy in 30 minutes or less. Talk about a marketer's dream!
Think of the benefits to the average child. The kids are in a confined area (cuts down on travel time), the kids know all the people they are visiting (don't have to skip any candy stops), because of the sheer volume of people they hit the same car multiple times (increase your profit margin). I think that a 10 year old Donald Trump came up with this concept. Of course the best part (for the kids) is that they still go trick or treating on Halloween!!! 2 for the price of 1!! Unbelievable.
All in all it was a fun event. Tara, Kennedy, and I dressed up in costumes so we could join in the fun. Tara was a prisoner (I wonder if there's a hidden message there -hmmm), Kennedy was a duck (fitting, since her favorite word is quack), and I was someone wearing some really bad clothes (I found my grandpa's old cowboy suit in the closet and improvised). Someone actually bet me 5 dollars to wear my outfit to church on Sunday- they don't know me very well if they think I won't do it!! Here comes Mr. Lincoln! It was great to act stupid and have fun with all the kids and their parents. I can't wait til next year when Kennedy will be out, sporting her costume and getting the Covili family a candy haul!!
2 comments:
Cute Kennedy! Gracie will be going to her trunk or treat this Friday and she will be Eeyore. Jared - I totally know that you will be wearing that cowboy suit this Sunday too. I would never bet you on that.
Wait, haven't I seen that dorky looking guy on TV? Oh yeah, a life long learner!
Post a Comment