10/13/05

Toral! Toral! Toral!


I don't want to turn this blog into a place where I share all of our family's deep dark secrets, but there is something I need to get off my chest. Tara and I are addicts! Not drugs, not booze, not sleeze (depending on who you talk to). It's much worse than that. We are addicted to reality TV.

Every Thursday night for the past couple of years Tara and I have made sure we watched Survivor and The Apprentice. It's as though we just can't get enough. I don't know why, but watching total strangers air all their dirty laundry on national television is something I find very intriguing. We've been hooked on Survivor since the first season, and The Apprentice has become a perfect compliment. If we are busy on Thursdays, the VCR is set and ready to go. I think it's the only time during the week we still use the VCR (Sorry, we can't afford the jump to TIVO - remember that I'm in education).

Tonight, the Donald made the logical choice and fired Toral. I think she was kind of railroaded, but she was teetering on the edge for the past couple of weeks and it made for a great boardroom. Wait, what am I talking about. I can't believe I've sullied the blog with my confession and opinions about reality TV! What have I done. Still, the first step towards recovery is admitting you have a problem. HELP US!!!

2 comments:

chappo said...

Well at least you finally are admitting to the fact that I have known for years. You really should give up your Reality TV addiction for an addiction to Alias.

Annie said...

Jared...Reality tv? Oh no! What is the world coming to?