It's not often that you can engage in the same exact project precisely one year to the date that you did the previous year. Somehow all the cosmic forces aligned to create such an event yesterday. Jason decided that it was time to reshingle the roof to his garage, so Evan, Jason, and I were back on another roof, doing the same thing we did last year (although last year was more rewarding cause it was my roof!).
I don't know what I think about shingling a roof. It's not like it is the toughest kind of work. The worst part about yesterday was trying to stay on the roof! There was a layer of wood shingles that we were nailing onto and it wasn't the easiest stuff to stand on. Anyway, the project went well and we finished putting the last cap shingles on by flashlight around 8:30 pm. Shingling by flashlight, what a joy!
PS - Events like roofing definitely remind me that I'm in my thirties and not in my twenties anymore. I'm not complaining or anything, but it was a little bit tough to get out of bed this morning. I can't wait to call and hear how Jason's doing. I've got even money that he suffered from at least one Charley Horse last night!
1 comment:
Jason experienced two Charly horses during the night. Better for me this year then you.
Post a Comment